An organization of Cultural Arts and Development.
"A time to Dance...A Time to Speak"

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Making Strides Against Breast Cancer October 2009


Today I had the opportunity to once again join hundreds of people as they walked to raise money and show their support for the fight against breast cancer. For many years Theresa Holmes (pictured here) walked with her company. She then began to walk with Dance for Joy Ministries. As our annual Team Captain, she has really gotten this thing down to a science...where we meet, the team tee shirt...what we do along the route, etc. I applaud her for her effort to make this work every year. It is always fun to walk with this team and catch up with the alumni and talk with the current students.








So it was a successful walk(despite the rain and cold) although I arrived later to church than expected because mother nature was giving me a little call and I don't mean the rain. So I had to make a pit stop before making my way downtown. I got a chance to spend a few moments with Founder/Artistic Director Iris Cloud, of Dance for Joy Ministries during the beginning of the walk. Her dedication to fighting this disease that tried to get her, and her passion to teach others to dance before the Lord with excellence has been a constant inspiration to me. So once again, October 18, 2009 I walked for Iris, my mother, my grandmother, and my great aunt. I walk for the survivors that have inspired me at Primitive Christian Church. I walk, because I know that together, we can help someone celebrate another birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment