An organization of Cultural Arts and Development.
"A time to Dance...A Time to Speak"

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Bravo to the Artistic Son

Alfred Gallman was called an "artistic son" by Alvin Ailey. He is truly one of jewels in the crown of the city of Newark and the liturgical dance world. A brilliant teacher and choreographer, he formed Gallman's Newark Dance Theatre over 30 years ago.

I have viewed his students in concert, and have seen his church ministry dancers from Kelly Temple dance with a powerful anointing. I have also been blessed to have a few classes with Mr. Gallman and the best part of the class for me is not the technique, but the rich wealth of wisdom in creativity and his understanding of how to go beyond the steps to true worship of the Lord.

Today I witnessed his "Sound the Alarm" Liturgical fundraising Concert. What a blessing! His passion for the children he works with and the importance of sowing into their future is evident in all he does.

I look forward to the great things God will do through this man in the future. I am grateful for those who have taught me technique and or sown into my life with spiritual wisdom: Matt Mattox, Carolyn Clark, Marie Paquet, Iris Cloud, Barbara Duffy, Julia Boynton, Swazette Whitten, Patricia Smargiassi, Sharron Miller, Rev. Eyesha Marable, the list goes on...

And for those moments sitting at the feet of Bro. Alfred and gaining some wisdom...priceless!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Angie,

    I am just seeing this... Thank you. Love Swazette

    ReplyDelete